All humans have personal data rights and deserve data dignity.
Section One – Personal Data Account
Every Producer has the right to own and control their content and personal data through a personal data account (“Data Account”) that provides you alone with full control over the data in your Data Account. To create a Data Account with us you need to complete a two-step process:
- First, you need to access a social media account that you control and download your data to a device you own and control. We refer to this as “Step One.”
- Second, You register with us and we create an account on your behalf that allows you to compile and license your data to DataLucent and our partners. We refer to this as “Step Two.”
If you do not complete Step Two, DataLucent never has access to any of the data you download to your device. All data that you upload via the Service in Step Two is anonymized, encrypted, and secured on your behalf.
We (or our partners) then provide tools that allow each Producer to populate their data account with compilations of data they want to control and secure like online content, preferences, and information from social networks (collectively, the “Producer Data”).
You own and have full control over any Producer Data and your Data Account. You represent and warrant that You have all the rights necessary to use Producer Data, that Producer Data is accurate, and that the use of Producer Data does not violate any prior agreements or existing rights. You grant us the limited right to access Producer Data for the sole purpose of providing the Services.
Section Two – Control
You have the right and the means to control your credentials and fully consent to how your Producer Data is shared and controlled. Producers have sole control over who sees their data and on what terms Producer Data gets licensed.
By creating a Data Account with us you are opting into the Service.
Producers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their identity and the credentials needed to access their Data Account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under their Data Account. You agree to (i) immediately notify DataLucent of any unauthorized use of a Data Account or any other breach of security. DataLucent cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from failures to comply with this section or for any losses or damages that arise from lost or stolen identity.
Finally, our Services are not intended for and may not be used by people under the age of 13. By using our Services, You are representing to us that they are age 13 or older.
Section Three – License and Content
The Terms differ from other terms of service in that You specifically do not grant the Company an unrestricted, unlimited, and perpetual license to collect and use Producer Data for any purpose whatsoever. You grant DataLucent a limited, restricted, and revocable license to use Producer Data to perform the Services (see Section 4 – Access and Use) and any additional rights or access to Producer Data must be approved by You.
You understand that all Producer Data, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted via the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Producer Data originated. This means that You, and not DataLucent are entirely responsible for all Producer Data that You upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. The Company does not control the Producer Data posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Producer Data. Under no circumstances will DataLucent be liable in any way for any Producer Data, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Producer Data, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Producer Data posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
You agree that DataLucent shall have the right to remove any Producer Data that violates the Terms or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that You must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Producer Data, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Producer Data. You acknowledge, consent and agree that DataLucent may access, preserve, and disclose account information and Producer Data if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation, or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms; (c) respond to claims that any Producer Data violates the rights of third-parties; (d) respond to requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Magpie, its You and the public.
Section Four – Access and Use
Producers have full access to all of their Producer Data. You can ask DataLucent whether the Producer Data is processed or not, why, where and how this is done, and ask for an electronic copy of the Producer Data. You can revoke DataLucent’s access to all or part of the Producer Data at any time. When you consent to our accessing your data, you are agreeing that DataLucent can use the Producer Data to perform the Services.
Our use of your data may include the following:
- use in the development of consumer panels
- append to and combine with other data sources
- develop and field market research surveys
- develop and target digital audiences
- aggregate with additional data to generate insights
Section Five – Privacy by Design
You have an expectation and a right to privacy and security. Our systems presume that you do not want to be tracked so we will not sell advertising that tracks your data, aggregates and sells your data, or accesses your Data Account unless you specifically consent to it, it is required to do so by law or to perform and maintain the Services.
Section Six – Rewards
DataLucent or its partners offer Producers benefits and rewards in exchange for a Producer allowing access to the Producer Data. Rewards serve as the consideration that binds an agreement between You, DataLucent, and the end user of the Producer Data. Rewards may be subject to additional terms and conditions that our partners and customers publish on their particular rewards platforms.
Section Seven – Offers
Producers can opt-in to receive notifications and offers from our network participants. You have the right to opt-out of this feature of the Services at any time. Offers may include participation in online audiences, panels, and surveys and may include the opportunity to earn additional rewards in accordance with Section 6 above.
Section Eight – Right to be Forgotten
You have the right to require DataLucent to erase the Producer Data and You also have the right to revoke any previously granted consents to access and/or disseminate the Producer Data.
To access your data please contact us at: email@example.com
Section Nine – Commercial and Legal Symmetry
All Producers have a right to commercial and legal symmetry. You opt-in to a system in which each node has the ability to transact, enter agreements, and enforce their respective right with and against all other nodes (whether an individual or an entity).
IN YOUR CAPACITY AS A FULLY AUTHORIZED NETWORK PARTICIPANT YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT EACH PRODUCER’S SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE, AND ANY GOODS PROCURED VIA THE SERVICE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. DATALUCENT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DATALUCENT MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET INDIVIDUAL REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO A COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT DATALUCENT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF DATALUCENTHAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ADVERTISERS OR MERCHANTS ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN SECTIONS ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Section Ten – Portability
All Data Accounts are completely portable. Any Producer can terminate at any time, move their credentials and data to another service and/or otherwise suspend their use of the DataLucent Service. You create and own Producer Data under doctrines of intellectual property not contract law, which means You own them and are responsible for their use.
To access your data please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Modifications. DataLucent reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that DataLucent shall not be liable to You or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Independent Contractors. Nothing contained in the TERMS shall be construed to constitute either party as a partner, employee or agent of the other party, nor shall either party hold itself out as such. Each party has no right or authority to incur, assume or create, in writing or otherwise, any warranty, liability or other obligation of any kind, express or implied, in the name of or on behalf of the other party, it being intended by both parties that each shall remain an independent contractor responsible for its own actions.
Choice of Law and Forum. The TERMS and the relationship between You and DataLucent shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and DataLucent agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Suffolk, Massachusetts.
Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of DataLucent to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TERMS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TERMS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TERMS remain in full force and effect.
Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TERMS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Violations. Please report any violations of the TERMS to us at email@example.com.